UMA Music Group was founded in 2015 by Simon O’Kelly, Georgina Thomas and Ben Connor.
As of 2017, UMA Music Group consists of Unsigned Music Awards, UMA Ventures (investment fund) UMA Music (online magazine) and UMA Artists (artist and project management).
“Our vision is to become a key stakeholder in the worldwide landscape of the recorded and live music industry; to build a major infrastructure surrounding self-signed and emerging artists with a focus on new music discovery, artist funding, services and resources, and for successful independent artists not be known as independent or unsigned artists, but UMA Artists, as in, proudly belonging to that community”.
- We exist because of artists. Their interests are at the heart of everything we do.
- We will redefine the perception of unsigned.
- Our Awards will be free to enter. Forever.
- We only provide services that can better an artist’s career.
- We believe in the impossible.
- We play nothing safe. Ever.